Monday, January 11, 2010

Brief Conflicts of the Mind

You know when you're eating chips out of a bag, and you're getting kind of towards the bottom, and you've really had your fill, but there are still maybe two or three handfuls of chips left in the bag, and you don't really want to eat the rest because you've had enough, but it seems ridiculous to bother putting such a small amount of chips back in the cabinet, but you don't really want to throw them away because that's wasteful? Don't you pretty much always end up just eating the rest anyway? I know I do. But it always ends up ruining that kind of chips for me for awhile. I just finished a bag of Doritos like that, and now I probably won't be wanting any more of those for at least a few months. It was just too much, and it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth...so to speak. Yet it somehow seemed like the better option at the time. Is this one of those little human moments that we all share but never talk about? I hope it is, I love those!

Here's a thought...Hank Azaria is ridiculously talented. Now, if you're a normal person, you probably don't even know who he is, and that's a shame. He's been in a handful of movies and TV shows. If you know him from anything, it's probably from The Simpsons, where he does about 843 voices, most notably Moe and Apu. The sheer volume and diversity of the voices he does is incredible and very much worthy of my envy. I've only got about six voices, and five and a half of them suck. So hey, it's not easy. So write Hank Azaria a note to let him know that you appreciate his talent, because I don't think he gets enough of that sort of thing.

And another thing...there is nothing that Canada could ever do to make up for inflicting Nickelback upon the world. I know, they also gave us Alanis Morissette and Sarah McLachlan and Rush (the band, not the Limbaugh), but that doesn't make it okay! Nickelback is just...well, they're just terrible. Like, you know when you say something is the bees' knees? No? How about the crows' elbows? The dolphins' shins? Whatever. It's like that, only the opposite.

On a final note, I was thinking, are there any words that you really like but never seem to get the opportunity to use in day-to-day conversation? Like, oh, I dunno...paramecium. It just doesn't come up much, you know? But it's a neat sort of word. There are others, that's just the one that sprung to mind. So...a wonderful, paramecium-filled day to you all!

1 comment:

  1. gross. i don't think that i would like to have a paramecium-filled day.



    though i touch a lot of money and gress garbage at work, so i probably do more than i'd like to think about it..... =/

    ReplyDelete