Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome

Greetings. This is Something Something Happy Fun Blog Time. I am enjoying some sunflower seeds. There are other things that I enjoy. I enjoy baseball and football. I enjoy reading and writing. I enjoy history and geography. I enjoy unconventionality and individuality. And I enjoy observation. There are many other things which I enjoy, but there are also many things which make me angry, or some variation thereof. These can largely be summed up with four I's: inequality, injustice, ignorance, and idiocy. I also don't care for small children, old people, or dogs, but those don't start with an I...

Incidentally, why do people bombard me with pictures of their kids? I'm talking about Facebook here. I don't keep friends on Facebook for this reason. I only want to keep up with some friends and have some occasional diversionary amusement. If I want to see your kids or hear about them, I'll ask. Please do not post pictures constantly and unbidden. An occasional one here or there, okay, fine. No person is deserving of having a photographic chronicling of every day of their life; nobody is that interesting, and certainly not a small child who cannot yet do anything other than eat, sleep, soil itself and scream. If you must take pictures of every one of these events, keep them to yourself unless asked. I'm sick of them invading my news feed and my line of sight.

Speaking of the news feed (still on Facebook here), I'm fine with having a news feed, it's not a bad way to keep up with your friends, if you're busy and they're busy and you don't get to see or speak to them very often otherwise. However, please try to limit your posts to information which is pertinent, at least slightly unique, or thought-provoking. You're going to lunch? That's nice, but I don't care. You're visiting your family? Great, get off your computer and go spend time with 'em!

On a related note, there is entirely too little emphasis placed on interpersonal interaction these days. Yeah, we're all busy and all that crap, but look, life is what you make it. There aren't many things that make your life mean more than actually spending time with people you like and care about. So go do that, you'll be better for it. I'm not one for a lot of sentimentality or any of that crap, but I recognize that we're all people here, and like it or not, we thrive on our relationships with other people, and without that, we're left with...well, not much.

I think I like this whole blogging thing. I might do this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment